If you signed up for Netflix when they went global yesterday becoming available from Angola to Zimbabwe, you were probably disappointed to find that all the shows you expected to find are not there. Shows like House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Breaking Bad… all the good recent stuff.
The reason is that Netflix has to play by the rules. They simply don’t have the rights to show that content in your country so they are filtering it all out. You can read about it in this article we published earlier.
The good news is that it’s very easy to pretend you’re you’re in the US and see all these great shows and movies. A simple service called TVUnblock.com makes it possible. Here’s what you do.
- Go to https://tvunblock.com
- You will see what are called DNS Server IP address listed. 2 of them as shown in the picture below
- On your computer or (WiFi router) there’s something called DNS Server IP Addresses which essentially help your computer browse the internet. We want to change these to the numbers provided by TVUnblock. On your Windows Computer, Open the “Network and Sharing Center” just search for it from the home screen if not sure how to find it.
- Once you open it, you will see a screen like the one below. Click on “Change Adapter Settings”
- It will show you a new screen and on this one you will see an icon representing your active WiFi connection for the computer. Right-click on it and select Properties as shown below.
- A dialog box will open as shown below. Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4” to open it.
- A new dialog box will open as shown below. Select “Use the following DNS server addresses”. Next, copy and paste the two numbers we got from TVUnblock into the two textboxes.
8. Click “OK” to come out, and “OK” to close the next box and Close everything else, then go back to netflix and refresh. Presto! all the shows are now there!