If like us you are looking for ways to make cheaper calls, this article is for you. Here’s how you can start making immediate savings on calls:
- Identify 1 or 2 people you call the most; wife, hubby, or just your chit chat pal.
- Go to your nearest Econet shop and buy yourself and your chosen mate a Buddie Lite. The Buddie Lite’s a very basic phone that costs $15. Comes with an Econet Buddie line worth $5 so the phone itself is $10. They don’t come cheaper than that! You won’t need the line for this purpose, but Econet won’t give the phone away without the sim card, so good luck negotiating it out of the package. We failed. We suggest you take the sim card, use up the $4 airtime and store it away somewhere.
- Next step, go to your nearest Telecel shop and buy 2 prepaid mobile lines for US $2 each; 1 for you and the other for the special mate.
- Insert the Telecel sim cards into the 2 Buddie Lites.
- Start juicing and chatting away throughout the day at half rate using the Mega Juice Card. Naturally this applies to Telecel to Telecel calls only….the whole point of buying the 2 lines. Telecel off-peak rates are the lowest in the country at US 8 cents/minute VAT inclusive. The next is Econet at 12 cents/minute off-peak.
So there you have it. If you own a G-Tide dual sim phone, even better, no need to go get the Buddie Lite!
Airpods pro 4
Lenovo IdeaPad 330
3 in 1 wireless charger
Thanks to Techzim reader, Syba for the tip!
If you know other crafty ways (all legal of course) to make cheap calls, please share in the comments below.