This is a Guest Post and does not necessarily reflect the thoughts and opinions of Techzim. We have a strong filtering process of what makes it to our blog and are confident that you’ll enjoy the article below.
One of the first articles we wrote when we started this blog last year was about the broken state of some websites in the ICT sector. And just a few days ago, we noted that the official website of the second largest mobile phone network operator was taken down some 10 months ago and has been under construction since.
There clearly is a problem here. And what better time to learn how to get the job done effectively. Fellow blogger, Max Soutter wrote the article that follows for his Business Setup Group blog, a blog dedicated to helping entrepreneurs start-up and grow businesses the smart way. We reproduce the article here.
- You will have an unfair marketing advantage over 99% of people in your industry.
- You will save yourself time, money and a lot of frustration by not dealing with the wrong web design ‘experts’
- You will know the one question that 99% of website designers in Zimbabwe DO NOT want you to ask – YET it’s THE MOST IMPORTANT question they need to answer.
- Can I see a few samples of other websites you’ve designed?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you provide domain registration?
- What about hosting?
- How long does it take?
- To make your business card looks more professional?
- So that your new company seems a little more established?
- To keep up with the times?
- To make your mama proud & impress your friends?
- NOT a Technical Thing so don’t focus on the technicalities so much because almost any half experienced website developer can provide you with those (hosting, domain registration) – whilst not giving you the number one thing.
- It’s NOT A Creative Thing (oh boy, here come angry emails from designers again). No matter how nice your website looks or doesn’t look – that’s NOT the point, so don’t focus on nice looking design because again – most experienced designers can do that, whilst NOT doing the most important thing.
- It’s NOT an Accountant’s Thing – So price is DEFINITELY NOT the most important factor either – although if you’re paying $1000 (in Zimbabwe) for a basic site, you’re on shaky ground!
- Ask him how the site will attract prospects despite the millions of other competing Google search results.
- Ask him how the site will convince & convert clients to do business with you over your competitors.
- Ask him what he will do to ensure your website does more than just sit online, thanks to hosting and look pretty thanks to design – but how to will offer your business a real competitive advantage that affects your bottom line?
If you find web design that’s cheap but doesn’t work – DON’T BUY IT.
Or else, you’ve wasted every dollar spent
Save up, budget and negotiate!”
But if you find one NOT cheap but it works – GET IT!
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.