The past 10 years wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you!
A little over a week ago, we posted some interesting stats from a report published by Opera, makers of the popular Opera Mini mobile internet browser. Opera also included some tips on optimizing internet usage on mobile devices and we thought you would find them handy. Most of us have limited data plans and buy expensive internet bundles from the mobile operators so these tips can help save a few dollars.
The geeks among you will find a lot of it just common sense, but the rest will probably learn a thing or two. Here:
- Open the full email only if necessary. Open email attachments sparingly, if at all.
- Manage your apps’ hunger for mobile data. Disable push notifications.
- Consider using a smart mini browser, like Opera Mini. These keep you from downloading too much data to your phone.
- Spotify is awesome, but use your locally-stored playlist when on the go.
- Update and download apps over WiFi.
- Consider using mobile friendly webpages. Our research shows they shave a significant amount of data that otherwise would count against your cap.
- Turn off images when nearing your cap. Most browsers make it easy. In Opera Mini, just click Settings > Load Images.
- Avoid HD video on YouTube when browsing on a mobile connection. Just 10 minutes of HD video per day fills a standard 2GB plan.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.