According to the latest statistics report published by the Communications Commission of Kenya for the July to September 2012 quarter, the country’s mobile penetration rate grew to 77.2% (from 75% in the previous quarter) on a mobile subscriber base of 30.4 million active SIM cards.
Here are other subscriber and usage stats revealed in the report, which you can download here:
- Prepaid subscriber consist 99% of all mobile subscribers. A pattern quite normal on the continent
- Minutes of Use (MoU) per subscriber per month increased to 76.7 from 71.2 recorded in the previous period, representing a growth of 7.7%
- SMS messages sent in the period increased by 10.1 percent to reach 1 billion.
- Fixed line subscriptions declined by 5.8% with a total number of 248,300, down from 262,711 subscriptions in the previous quarter.
- Mobile data/internet subscriptions comprise 99.2% of all total Internet/data subscriptions.
- The number of estimated internet users rose by 10% to stand at 13.53 million users.
- Broadband subscriptions grew by 38.4% from 726,802 subscriptions recorded during the previous period to 1,006,071 subscriptions.
- International internet used bandwidth for the period was 278,329 Mbps up from 264,584 Mbps recorded in the previous period. The total available bandwidth in the country was 576,186 Mbps
- Under postal and courier sector, the number of letters sent locally increased by 5.9% to reach 17.7 million letters, up from 16.7 million letters posted the previous quarter. Compared to the same period of the previous year, there was a decline of 14.3%.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.