Yesterday, we wrote about Africom’s new VoIP service called Guroo (prounced guru). As usual, a company usually have their own story about what a product is and how it will impact the market. One thing we note in the release sent to us this morning is that Africom is presenting itself as a Guroo reseller as opposed to the owners of the company and brand. From a source at the company, we’re told Guroo is part of the Africom holding company and doesn’t fall under existing operations.
Here’s the release:
Zimbabwe is set to enjoy more value in voice services with the latest introduction of a new voice application named guroo.The application is set to change the way Zimbabweans communicate thereby complimenting other telecommunications operators in Zimbabwe. Guroo is a voice service application that is internet powered.
It allows people to call at unbelievable rates and to receive calls from anywhere in the world thus the application is set to really change the game.unlike any other application you have seen before, guru allows you to have your own 08644 number and calls are not limited to other guroo users but to anyone on any number in the world.
How to get on Guroo
Guroo is an African originated cross platform Voice service that can run on most operating systems. All you need is a smart phone, I-pad, laptop or other related devices and you are good to go. Being on guroo allows you to call anywhere in the world from as little as 6 cents per minute as it reduces traffic to a local call.
- No Sim card is needed, simply download the app and all you need is internet connection.
- You are independent of any network operator of your choice. You have the liberty to choose any network of your choice.
- It reduces African traffic to a local call.
- Accessed through smart phones, i-pads, laptops and other related devices.
Guroo can be accessed by anyone with the following devices:
- Smart phone
- Or any other related devices.
Important steps to use Guroo
- Visit the www.guro-o.com or search guroo on google play.
- Download the app suitable for your platform from the Guroo website( i.e. i-phone or android as guided by the icons on the website)
- Install configurations as given on our website for your application. Clearly follow the registration instructions as given on the website.
- Or download Bria for iPhone users, Buzz3 or Sipdroid for Android users, and X-Lite for Windows and MAC OS users.
How to to up
Topping up guroo is as easy as 1.2.3
- Purchase credit from one of our dealers on www.guro-opay.com website and enjoy the cheapest calls across all networks.
- Enter the recharge pin you will receive from our self service portal.
Visit www.guro-o.com for more information or call 08644 400.
Africom is the local reseller for the guroo application. Africom is Zimbabwe’s leading converged telecommunications operator in Zimbabwe.