Sponsored article. Please see our policy on sponsored stories.
All nameserver changes for local domain extensions are done by emailing the respective registry. The quickest registry takes, on average 5hrs and at most 24hrs. Other registries may even take more than 3 days to effect the change. If you factor in DNS propagation, it can take 4 days or more before your domain starts using the new nameservers for everyone.
In case you didn’t know, ZISPA is now deleting all domains that do not have authoritative nameservers. Also from the beginning of July 2016, ZISPA will not process domains that do not meet the following requirements:-
- The nameserver hostnames must match the nameserver IP addresses.
- There are between two and four unique nameservers.
- All nameservers have unique A records (not CNAME records).
- All nameservers are authoritative at the time of submission, i.e.
- They respond to queries on the domain.
- Their response has an aa (authoritative) header flag.
- They list at least NS and SOA records for the domain.
- The NS records on the registrar’s nameservers match the list of nameservers registered with ZISPA for the domain.
- All nameservers have the same serial number in the SOA record.
Name.co.zw’s instant nameserver updates feature provides a solution to the above two scenarios. Their instant nameserver updates feature allows you to update nameservers anytime and have your domain instantly start using those nameservers as long as you do not select the “Submit to registry” option when updating nameservers.
And as the ZISPA July 2016 initiative draws closer, it is in every local domain (.co.zw) owner’s interests to make sure that they not only have a nameserver attached to their domain but that it is an authoritative one.
If you are in the process of registering a domain and all this looks like Chinese to you, visit our website, we ‘speak Chinese’ and will be glad to assist you in making sure that your domain stays online…
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.