A number of entrepreneurs have caught on to the opportunity that Ownai is the best, FREE online classifieds website. It is providing them with an opportunity to scoop the best bargains and make a profit out of selling.
For almost a year now, Zimbabweans have been enjoying free access to the largest marketplace from their Econet sim cards, being able to search for thousands of goods and services, while at the same time being able to post adverts for FREE and sell products of their own.
People around the world have been known to buy and sell off classifieds websites, making millions in the process and as more people search for bargains, there is no better place but to stake out your own niche locally.
So, How Do You Get Started?
Right now Zimbabweans have an opportunity to access Zimbabwe’s classifieds website Ownai FREE of charge from their Econet sim cards. This creates an opportunity for both buyers and sellers as the number of people who can access your adverts easily runs into the millions.
As A Buyer
- Know what you are looking for and what price you are willing to pay. This will save you time and energy as you search for that bargain.
- Visit www.ownai.co.zw on your mobile phone (FREE for Econet subscribers) and either enter the name of the product that you are looking for or search for it by category.
- You can also refine your search by specifying where exactly in Zimbabwe you’d like to find this product, making your search a bit easier.
- Click on the product that interests you, look through the pictures that have been uploaded for it and make a decision whether this is the product that you’d like to buy.
- Once satisfied, contact the Seller and arrange to view the product. (Remember to meet in a public place and to check the item before you buy and that it meets your requirements. Only pay after taking possession of the product)
- The platform lists the Seller’s WhatsApp number in case you need to get more information or to see more pictures.
- Ownai allows you to SMS the Seller FREE of charge.
As A Seller
- Register an account if you haven’t already.
- Have a look around the website and check how much people are selling similar products for.
- Establish what about your product will stand out and make potential customers want to buy yours instead.
- Have photos of your product at hand, preferably stored on the phone that you are logged on from.
- Proceed to post a FREE ad.
- Fill in the details of the products, as well as whether you are available on WhatsApp and where you are located (or rather the product is available to be viewed).
- Hit the “Publish your ad” button and you’re good to go.
As A Trader
- Ask your family and friends what product they are looking for and how much they are willing to pay for it.
- Search for these products and see whether there is an opportunity for you to make a commission out of any sales.
- You could check with friends and relatives whether they’re willing to pay a flat fee for you to search the web for great deals on products that they are looking for, thus saving them time and money.
- Perfect your skills in getting to know what a great deal is, as well as how to negotiate with Sellers.
Online classifieds like Ownai are giving all Zimbabweans the opportunity to become entrepreneurs and make some extra money. It is open 24/7, allowing you to get potential leads while you sleep or while you continue with your day to day business. It is a creative and affordable way to reach millions of people. Ownai is particularly special because it can be accessed by ANY Econet subscriber with an internet connection FREE of charge!
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen