Econet recently published a web page listing its data portfolio and Terms and Conditions for subscribers when they purchase it. The web page has some interesting Terms and conditions which we think you should be made aware of, here are some of the most interesting ones:
- All Data bundles are usage-based products. This means that the subscriber will pay to get a specified amount of data over a period of time.
- All data bundles have specified expiry periods
- Where the data bundles expire before the subscriber finishes the data, the balance is wiped out and will not be carried forward
- The times indicated on packages indicate validity only. Where a subscriber exhausts their allocation before the expiry of their validity, the service will stop working
- Subscribers will get data bundle usage notifications upon reaching 80% and 100% of their data bundle usage
- After depletion of allocated data thresholds, and where the subscriber has no other data bundle, out of bundle data charges will be applicable unless out of bundle option is deactivated
- In the event there is a failed attempt in subscribing to the service originating from a subscriber error, funds will not be refundable. Notwithstanding the above, if the error is system related, following an internal investigation a refund which is equivalent to the charges shall be provided by Econet Wireless
To see the full list of Terms and Conditions visit Econet’s DATA PORTFOLIO TERMS & CONDITIONS web page.