- Commonground is a peer-networking app that connects university students to share projects, ideas, and opportunities.
- Badala helps online businesses to receive payments using a Direct Mobile Billing driven wallet and payment gateway
- Equities Nest.org is a platform will help you get started on the African stock markets with a few clicks
- FundoLinker has created a platform where schools, companies, skilled people and donors meet to overcome skill building challenges
- JMP Africa Company’s focus is on the development of energy access to developing urban and rural communities in Africa and offering onsite generation solutions
- Munch is a tech based, logistics, online food ordering company that connects hungry food lovers with local restaurants in their city.
- myRunnerOver a million people travel by bus each month, our vision is to change the way bus travel is experienced and make it easier and safer
- Shirishanu Promoplus is the first SMS and social media platform in Zimbabwe that is fully cloud-based. The system is cheaper and easy to set up.
- Tipster is democratising the news making process by placing the power of the media into the hands of the ordinary people.
- Plan My Wedding is a platform that allows couples to plan and manage their wedding from logistics to invitations and costs all in one place
In order to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity and aiming to deliver the best possible event, Seedstars World is closely working with Impact Hub Harare, who is representing the initiative throughout the year. “The first Zimbabwean Seedstars World Event in 2016 added value to our Impact Hub community and greater local ecosystem.” Said Tadzoka Pswarayi, Co-Founder of Impact Hub Harare. “Being part of a global movement of emerging market innovation ignited local startups and resulted in the emergence of new innovations that have the potential to deeply impact our communities. The event created symbiotic benefit between local and international entrepreneurs and investors.
Beyond the local event, Seedstars World is working very closely with Enel Green Power to source the most innovative business models in the energy sectors and ones that are fostering socio-economic development in rural villages in Africa. Up to 5 best startups in this sector will be invited for an exclusive RES4Africa networking event and compete for an Africa Energy Prize which consists of a financial contribution and a three-month acceleration programme for a total value of up to $50,000.
The event was made possible thanks to the support provided by Impact Hub Harare, our local partner UNDP, our regional partners Orange, Enel Green Power, Merck, VC4A and Microsoft 4Afrika and our local supporters Dande Mutande and Elegant Grind.
The Members of the public are encouraged to come join the fun and will be treated to the 10 startup pitches. Registrations for the event can be made on the Seedstars Website: https://www.seedstarsworld.com/event/seedstars-harare-2017
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen