Everyone likes flowers, they are err … the word is nice, they smell nice, they look nice everything about them is nice. The truth though is unless you are a cheap bastard and opted for plastic flowers by the end of this week whatever flowers you bought will be in a bin. Valentine is essentially a flower murdering spree.
What you should have done
You should have listened to me last month when I wrote about Gearbest and found the perfect gift for him/her and had it delivered in time. You can still buy your loved one a belated gift and while they may rant, rave and sulk you will earn your forgiveness once the perfect gift arrives and you explain yourself.
Digital Gifts are the way to go
Instead of being a flower serial killer or risking yourself being killed for not buying a gift you can simply buy a digital gift instead. There is no need to wait once you buy it, it is instantly delivered and you might even get a chance to boast. Hey you can even pretend you had it all planned and under control.
You can thank me later for being a life saver but here I my suggestions:
- Gift them a Udemy course, they are going for $10.99 (Valentine’s sale of course) if you follow this link. If you know what your loved one has always wanted to learn e.g. Drawing. Just go to the course and click on “Gift This Course”. You get a chance to send them a personalized message telling them how much you love them. I would be careful not to give a gift that might well be taken as an insult. Now is not the time to gift your wife the Kitchen Basics course no matter how much she needs it.
- An iTunes Card– now that Apple Music is available in Zimbabwe get them a iTunes gift card so they can enjoy 45 million songs beyond the 3 month trial. There is an option for every budget from $10 to $50. Normally this requires a U.S PayPal account but you can buy from my favorite re seller store and use any Visa/MasterCard
- A Google Play Gift Card– I am a Google Music man myself and have used it for close to a year now. The gift card can also be used to purchase premium apps, movies, songs etc. Your loved one will no doubt appreciate Google’s simple elegant designs that will put Spotify or Apple Music to shame. While Google Music is not officially available in Zimbabwe you/they can simply open a South African premium account for $5/month that will work anywhere.
- PlayStation US 90 day and 1 year membership– if you loved one is into gaming you can get them a 90 day Playstation membership for $26 or give them a full year at $65
- Xbox Gift Cards– if they are Microsoft through and through you can pick a gift card according to your budget here
- Assasins Creed Unity-if you are shamelessly frugal you can still have them playing Assasin’s Creed for a measly $3.Yes three dollars.
- Or FIFA 17- for those dry weekends when there is no FA action going on.
- Assorted Ubi Games Gift Card– Ubisoft is a gaming powerhouse and you can choose your loved one’s poison from an extensive list and according to your budget.
- PC Games-there are a lot of PC games out there just cast a lot and choose the perfect gift.
- Steam Games– steam is another name out there.
So there you go, 10 perfect gift ideas to get back in good graces instantly. You really don’t have to murder flowers in order to make your loved one happy. You will note however that all these items require you to have a Visa/MasterCard or/ and PayPal account.
If you don’t and are broke I guess you might have to do this old school the hard way. Go out into the forest and start picking some wild flowers. I hear Lantana Camaras are in full bloom this time of the year. Those are the only free items(flowers or not) you are going to get or you can always use “it’s the thought that counts as your excuse.” Good Luck.