We have talked here about how technology jobs could be outsourced to Zimbabwe several times. A European company sees that opportunity and they are interested in setting up shop in Zim to work with Zim developers building solutions for companies in Europe particularly the UK.
This company obviously needs an Executive Head for Zimbabwe to lead the setting up of the office, recruitment and the operations in this market once the ball is rolling. Here are the details direct from the business. All the best….
Exciting leadership opportunity to help launch a successful European technology company (Secret Source) expanding into Zimbabwe.
This is a rare and exciting leadership opportunity to build a technology business in Zimbabwe, from scratch, but
with all the backing of a successful company based in Spain. You will manage all aspects of the business and
steer it through setup and launch.
Reporting directly to the board of Secret Source www.secret-source.eu,you will be the highest ranking employee in the Zimbabwean organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. You will oversee all business operations and strategy as the business prepares for launch and rapid growth.
About Secret Source
Secret Source is a technical outsourcing company based in Las Palmas in the Canary Islands (Spain). We are a team of
35 with English speaking project managers. We specialise in mobile and web development, specifically React,
React Native, PHP, Laravel, Drupal and WordPress. Our main clientele are SMEs based in the UK and northern
About Secret Source Zimbabwe
Secret Source Zimbabwe will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Secret Source Spain but will operate with its own
P&L. In the short term, it will support work we already deliver for clients in the UK and Europe. In the medium
term, as Zimbabwe and southern Africa continue to grow, we hope to develop a sales team in country.
In the longer-term, we plan to use the Zimbabwean hub as a staging post in a network of offices, in the same time zone as the UK, to offer corporate clients in Europe a new model of hiring, training, and most importantly – retaining
– developer talent. For this role and others there will be an opportunity to work in different hubs in Spain and
We are looking for a General Manager to start immediately. You will have full responsibility for getting the
business setup and into market. Applying for the right licenses, recruiting the initial team and growing the
business as we pass more and more work through your office.
The work will include all commercial and operational management, from building out the core proposition, designing business processes and managing the launch process. You will need to delegate responsibility and manage your team to launch the business in an accelerated timeframe.
This is a senior management position and has stretch potential to merge into a moresenior position within Secret Source.
You will have:
• A University degree, with minimum of a 2:1 (MBA a plus)
• At least 6-8 years’ experience, working at a Manager or higher level
• (You may not have run a technology business….) but you will have experience building and running
technology teams within one
• A good network in Zimbabwe and elsewhere
• Strong problem-solving ability with a bias for action and “can-do” attitude
• Passion for working in a start-up and willingness to go the extra mile. Start-ups are challenging,
hardworking and unstructured environments – they are not for everyone!
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage time effectively
In return you will get:
• Highly competitive salary, ranging from £30k-£40k based on experience
• Absolute autonomy and stretch to grow in line with the business
• The opportunity to stamp your personality on the business’s core culture and way of working
• Collaborative working with teams in Spain and the UK
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com . Write two paragraphs explaining why you are the right person for this job.