This article contains referral links from which we may receive some financial benefit. As a principle, we only refer and recommend products and services that we would ourselves be happy to buy.
Udemy is running another of it’s endless promotions. For $12 (Ecocash $16, see below for details) you can get lifetime access to a course of your choice.
The U.S and its many holidays
The U.S is one of those places where people seem to have public holidays every other day. We all have Easter, Christmas and New Year but they always seem to have more. There is the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween (you would be forgiven for thinking it’s a public holiday there), President’s Day, Flag Day, Kamehameha Day,
a lot of other stuff and now St Patrick’s Day.
Udemy is running another of its endless promotions
Udemy is running another of its seemingly endless promotions and during this St Patricks (an Irish holiday) you can grab their short term courses for $12. That will give you a lifetime access to some of the best short courses you can find online for a dime. It is always refreshing to see how international sellers offer discounts during holidays when Zimbabwean sellers always see this as an opportunity to hike their prices and make a quick buck.
What is Udemy you ask
Udemy is a U.S based company that allows tutors to create online short term video courses/tutorials for various niche topics. These courses are available online. Once you choose and enroll into a course you get lifetime access to it. This means that for bestseller frequently updated courses, you will get any future updates for free.
For example Angular JS and Laravel get updated on a yearly basis. If you enroll on some of the bestseller courses it means you can learn about next year’s version for free without rejoining the course.
As always you are free to choose your own courses based on your needs and interest. There are thousands of courses on the Udemy platform so if you don’t have the time to go through the jungle or are simply too lazy below is a list of courses I would recommend:
- The complete Java and Android development course
- Object Oriented PHP with CMS project
- Complete Python Masterclass
- Learn to code with Ruby
- The compete Ruby on rails course
- The Complete Nodejs Developer Course (2nd Edition)
- Angular 5 (formerly Angular 2) – The Complete Guide
- The Complete Front-End Web Development Course
- The Complete jQuery Course: From Beginner To Advanced!
Enrolling into the courses require you to have a Visa/MasterCard that is capable of making international payments. For most banks that requires you having to hunt for the USD and preloading your Visa/MasterCard. If you don’t already have a card you can try the FBC Prepaid MasterCard/ Steward Visa Card both require about $10 initial deposit.
How to enroll using Ecocash
If the prospect of hunting for your own USD and getting a prepaid card seems a little bit too much but you still want to enroll in a course I might be able to help you enroll using Ecocash. Below are detailed steps on how you can go about the process:
- Get in touch with me via Email: garikaib at gmail dot com or via WhatsApp/Call +263772473953 if you send an SMS it will be ceremoniously ignored.
- Send the following details: The exact name of the course ( if possible send me the link to the course), your email ( this has to be valid ), Name and Surname
- If I give you the go ahead send $16 to the said number via Ecocash. This covers the bank charges for me plus a cup of coffee ($1). What can I say I like my coffee.
- Give me five minutes (if I am near a PC) to make the payment and check your email and Voila you should be enrolled. Ain’t I a saint.
But Udemy is not really that great
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.