AfricaCom – the largest telecoms, media and tech event in Africa- has just launched the Africa Video Forum. The forum will be used to showcase the hottest African video content. There will also be presentations focused on assisting Africans monetise their content.
You can read the press release below:
TV Connect Africa has evolved to embrace the rise and rise of video content
London, 25 May 2018 –TV Connect Africa, an event previously co-located within AfricaCom, has grown in recent years around distribution models and technologies, to become the premier knowledge exchange and networking platform for broadcasters, telco operators and OTT players across the African continent. While a lot of the focus has been distribution led, growing conference audiences and exhibition visitors have expressed the need not to look at distribution in isolation.
The unprecedented demand for high quality African content across multiple platforms has meant that FTA broadcasters, pay TV operators and new market entrants all need to build an all-encompassing strategy that meets the needs of evolving consumption behaviours.
As such, AfricaCom 2018 sees the growth and evolution of TV Connect Africa into Africa Video Forum; with content poised to feature as a major part of the show this year incorporating several new content stages and features that will include:
- Africa Video Forum Content Showcase – a dedicated area of the exhibition dedicated to displaying the hottest content on the continent.
- Content Hub: 3 days of show floor presentations and panels focused purely on monetising new content models for everyone across the media value chain.
- Film makers showcase – a chance for talented local film makers to get spotted in an increasingly crowded market.
- LeadersIn Video Summit – A one day invitation only, behind closed doors event for the most senior figures in video content and distribution to speak off the record and define the future of the industry in Africa.
- VIP industry introductions – matchmaking buyers and sellers to make sure time at the event is best spent.
Africa Video Forum is co-located with AfricaCom, returning to Cape Town’s CTICC from 13 – 15 November. Interested exhibitors are requested to contact James Bull, Business Development Director at KNect365 onJames.Bull@knect365.com. To register interest in the event, please click on this link:https://get.knect365.com/africacom2018-preregistration
About AfricaCom 2018
AfricaCom is part of the Connecting Africa series of events that expose delegates, the media and the savvy, to the latest advancements and opportunities in technology and the digital ecosystem. Taking place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) from 13 – 15 November 2018, AfricaCom is now in its 21st year. AfricaCom is Africa’s largest technology, media and telecommunications conference & exhibition. The conference programme covers the most strategic issues affecting companies in Africa’s digital market – services, efficiency, profitability, customer experience, partnerships, policy and more – and features several co-located events: 5G Africa, Africa Video Forum, The AI Summit Cape Town and Mission Critical Technologies Africa
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.Powered by Techzim