The reason why most of us hated numbers back in high school was because they were confusing and difficult to understand. These numbers caught my attention today, and I decided to share them with you in a simplified form.
- 200, The number of StartUps DEMO Africa has launched since they started.
- $120000, The amount of money Microsoft is sponsoring the Moroccan winner
- $15000, the amount of money the winner will get from Amazon to boost their business
- $54 000 000, raised in investing billing by the startups helped by DEMO Africa
- 6, years DEMO Africa has been having these Innovation Tours.
- 15, times a year the Innovation Tours are conducted in different African cities.
- 1, the number of people per winning team DEMO Africa will sponsor to Morocco
- 2, weeks the Moroccan winner will be in California Silicon Valley Bootcamp
- 17, the number of startups that pitched their ideas at the DEMO Africa Innovation Tour Harare
- 7, shortlisted candidates to do the final pitch
- 16.8, Billions of dollars traded by millennials online in 2017
- 8+, Billion of dollars traded by African based millennials online in 2017
- $2 600 000 000, the amount Uber is paying their brand strategist/fixer who is damage controlling their brand
- 4+, million active Facebook accounts in Zimbabwe
- 1/3, a fraction of the total operating budget a startup must set aside for marketing
- $100-$500, the amount of money a startup may have to set aside for a brand strategist per week or month
Knowledge is power, im sure you can find a way to manipulate these numbers, be it increasing your Facebook presence, or setting up a budget for branding and communication, or planning to participate in DEMO Africa Innovation Tour next year or starting your online business, bottom line, numbers never lie.
The DEMO Africa Innovation Tour in Pictures.
Airpods pro 4
Ipad Min 2
Acer extensa 2519
Apple Airpods pro
These are some of the 17 Entrepreneurs who pitched at DEMO Africa Innovation Tour Harare.