This article contains referral links from which we may receive some financial benefit. As a principle, we only refer and recommend products and services that we would ourselves be happy to buy.
Skillshare is an e-learning website like Udemy that allows you to enrol in short courses for a single monthly payment of just $10 a month. Unlike Udemy this is a subscription based payment, once you pay the $10/month you can go crazy and feast on the buffet of available courses. Even greater news, the first two months are free so you can start learning at zero cost to yourself and cancel your subscription anytime at no cost to yourself.
Who is Skillshare for?
College, high school and university students who are learning a language in class will also find the techniques shared in various courses on different languages useful. Your in class learning will be made much easier as you can access various courses on the same language. Multiple explanations on JSON are better than just the one from your lecturer/teacher.
In any case if you get sick of learning development courses you can take a break and learn how to bake or make ice cream at no extra cost. You pay the $10/month once and get access to the whole lot and did I mention the first two months are free.
If you haven’t yet created an account please follow these steps:
- Visit Skillshare by clicking here
- Follow the instructions and create an account, your first two months will be free
Once you have created your account you can search and enrol in courses of your choosing. I would recommend the following courses:
- Learn HTML & CSS by Building 3 Projects
- Kickstart HTML, CSS and PHP: Build a Responsive Website
- Python 3: A Beginners Guide to Python Programming
- A Gentle Introduction to Python Programming
- Building Great Web Backends with Django ( Python )
- Practical PHP: Master the Basics and Code Dynamic Websites
- The Complete PHP CodeIgniter Course For Web Development Beginners
- Java from Beginner to Expert
- The Android O and Java Developer Course – Build 9 Full Apps
- The Complete Android Developer Course – Go From Beginner To Advanced!
- The Complete iOS 10 And Swift 3 Developer Course Part 1
There you go, 12 handpicked courses to get you started. To be honest there are a lot of not so great courses on Skillshare and you will do well to avoid them. One key metric to look at is the number of hours in the course. Usually the longer the course the better after all it is very unlikely a 30 minute course would be very helpful to you if you are learning a new language. Another thing to look out for is the number of students who have enrolled in a course again more is better.
Although you will get the first two months free you will be asked to enter your Visa/MasterCard details during the sign up process. Don’t worry no money will be deducted from your account in the first two months. This is more of a verification process, billing will start after the two free months are up.