Nothing says holiday like Christmas, even a tasteless and gloomy one like ours where we grapple with yet another economic crisis. It is still Christmas and I believe like the rest of the world Zimbabweans have earned the right to enjoy themselves. So from the guys and girls here at Techzim we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas- or if Christmas is not your thing: Happy Holidays.
Through out all time holiday seasons have always been associated ,with a spike in violent death and grievous bodily injuries. Although some of these happen for reasons beyond the victim’s control a lot of these have been consistently attributed to human error. Please be safe and in your excitement and avoid engaging in dangerous activities that may turn fatal or lead to your injury.
We especially ask you:
- Not to speed -cars are special machines meant to take us from A to B. They are not toys meant to stroke your ego so do not engage in dangerous races or speeding. Speeding turns a mundane thing such as a tyre burst into a very serious problem that might see you or your loved one(s) dead.
- Do not drink and drive – drinking inhibits your sense of judgment and increases your reaction time.
- Avoid brawls and quarrels that might lead to fights. You will not believe the number of people who die over silly fights such as over a dollar.
- Beware of fire risks – there has been a recent spate of fires in Harare City do not take it to the holidays with you. Learn how about fire safety tips. In particular, when you braai outdoors, take the time to put out your fire when you are done.
- Do not litter – clean up for yourself and lead by example. Help your rural relatives to clean up after you are done eating. Clean up after your own mess even if there are workers hired to do this at parks etc, they are not your slaves.
- If you are going out or away make sure someone is watching your house so it will not be burgled.
- Keep track of how much you are spending because there is a life after the holidays believe me. There are lots of apps that do this for you.
- Be careful what you post online during moments of excitement and parties. Stuff you do may come back to haunt you in 2019.
Please enjoy your holidays and keep reading Techzim and Pindula for your news updates, yes even during the holidays we will endeavour to keep you updated on burning tech and nontech issues respectively.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen