This article contains referral links from which we may receive some financial benefit. As a principle, we only refer and recommend products and services that we would ourselves be happy to buy.
New Year comes with an unfailing tradition: New Year Resolutions. This is where you feel guilty about your failings in the past year you create a list of goals you presumably want to achieve in the current new year. It is however universally accepted truth that most people go on to never achieve their resolutions. Do not be one of those people.
Empower yourself using Skillshare
So what the heck is Skillshare. Well Skillshare is an e-learning website like Udemy that allows you to enrol in short courses for a single monthly payment of just $10 a month. Unlike Udemy this is a subscription based payment, once you pay the $10/month you can go crazy and feast on the buffet of available courses.Think of Skillshare as sort of the Netflix for courses.
Even greater news, the first two months are free so you can start learning at zero cost to yourself and cancel your subscription anytime at no cost to yourself. The guys at Skillshare are so confident you will love their content they are offering two months free to anyone who signs up to Skillshare using our referral link.
Notable courses on Skillshare
There are over 25 000 courses on Skillshare all divided into four broad categories: Creative e.g. Graphic design, Business, Technology and Lifestyle.
If you haven’t yet created an account please follow these steps:
- Visit Skillshare by clicking here
- Follow the instructions and create an account, your first two months will be free
Although you will get the first two months free you will be asked to enter your Visa/MasterCard details during the sign up process. Don’t worry no money will be deducted from your account in the first two months. This is more of a verification process, billing will start after the two free months are up.
Once you have created your account you can search and enrol in courses of your choosing. I would recommend the following courses:
- Learn HTML & CSS by Building 3 Projects
- Kickstart HTML, CSS and PHP: Build a Responsive Website
- Python 3: A Beginners Guide to Python Programming
- A Gentle Introduction to Python Programming
- Building Great Web Backends with Django ( Python )
- Practical PHP: Master the Basics and Code Dynamic Websites
- The Complete PHP CodeIgniter Course For Web Development Beginners
- Java from Beginner to Expert
- The Android O and Java Developer Course – Build 9 Full Apps
- The Complete Android Developer Course – Go From Beginner To Advanced!
- The Complete iOS 10 And Swift 3 Developer Course Part 1
There are 12 courses to get you going. As is to be expected there are a lot of rubbish courses on Skillshare. There might be 25 000 courses here but not all of these are gems. Just with Netflix, which we used as an analogy, where you can expect a lot of boring shows you have to find out what interest you. Make sure to keep an eye on:
- The ratings-poorly rated courses are not worth your time
- The number of hours-extremely short courses are usually either garbage or a quick refresher for expects. It’s unlikely you will learn much about Ruby in a 30 minutes course