Digital Skills for Africa is a pretty cool platform to get to grips with Digital Marketing. It seems Google has bigger ambitions for the platform as they’ve added two more categories to their library; Data and Tech along with Career Development.
The two newer courses don’t come with any certification like the Digital marketing course but both looking at the modules they seem like pretty helpful tools to help people get on their way. Here are the Data and Tech topics:
- Understand the basics of code
- Increase productivity at work
- Understand the basics of machine learning
- Improve your online business security
In the Career development category there are some interesting topics:
- Build confidence with self-promotion
- How to enhance and protect your online campaign
- Land your next job
- Intro to digital wellbeing
- Effective networking
- Intro to business communication
- Communicate your ideas through storytelling and design
- Speaking in public
It’s great to see that Google is revising and updating this content catalogue and the fact that it remains free will no doubt make it a useful resource for Africans who might not have the financial muscle to venture in these fields.