Here’s One Feature Econet Needs To Copy From NetOne’s USSD Menu

With NetOne giving subscribers the option to switch off out of bundle browsing (though it was 3 years overdue) it instantly hit me that even Econet stands to learn something from the USSD menu of their main rival – NetOne.

Whilst the feature may not be as impactful since it won’t save you money, it definitely will save you time and you know what they say about time and money. Econet subscribers (or maybe it’s just me) would stand to benefit a great deal by having a back option within the USSD for both Econet and perhaps more importantly EcoCash.

NetOne’s implementation of a “back button” in their USSD has saved me countless minutes every time I make a mistake and pick the wrong bundle. Simply pressing “#” takes me back one step and “##” actually takes me back to the main menu.

NetOne's USSD menu and its invaluable "back" and "main menu" button

How valuable would having a similar option be when you miss one digit when sending money via EcoCash and a stranger’s name appears. Oh, and when you’re trying to buy a “smart data bouquet” and one mistake could be the difference between buying a $15 bundle and a $24 option.

I’m sure implementing such would be simple and it would be a great quality of life option that subscribers would welcome with open hands. NetOne copied Econet and gave us an improved service, now we expect Econet to copy NetOne and upgrade our experience.

Also read, New SIM Card Flaw Lets Hackers Hijack Any Phone Just By Sending SMS, 1 Billion Phones At Risk

Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen

Petty
one year ago

You don’t cease to surprise us TechZim! NetOne’s copy and paste stinks. Should they not introduce their own unique platforms Lol Seems they are always behind the Competitor.

Farai Mudzingwa
    one year ago

If you use NetOne or you know a NetOne subscriber I’m sure very few of them would say “out of bundle browsing stinks because they copied it from a competitor” it literally saves my money so in my opinion it’s very welcome, in fact they should’ve copied it earlier

Eddie

How about no

Farai Mudzingwa

How about yes

Munyaradzi
one year ago

So true, they have to improve on that

The Principal
one year ago

No problem with copying something good to improve user experience. It does not matter who is copying who so long as as the customer benefits. After all nothing is patented here to thwart copying. Ecocash itself was “copied” elsewhere, how about a simple ussd?

Farai Mudzingwa
    one year ago

Exactly, as long as the features benefit subscribers then copy…

Token
one year ago

No you are wrong its not Copying being first to implement it doesn’t mean you are the brain child.Econet only have the first mover advantage but if you look closely Net*one have the best 4G network and the best ussd services their ux is just amaizing .

Malvern
    one year ago

Indeed it is the best , I don’t hesitate to recommend netone. Been with Econet since long back, but have since moved to netone. I have even disconnected Econet with my bank accounts. Why should I pay for slow data service under the notion of being loyal. To the extent of buying Kwese and Saisai bundles by default. Even if you do not subscribe to such bubble gum service

Malvern

one year ago

This article is a repetition.

Farai Mudzingwa
    one year ago

So sorry for that, was away from work for a couple of weeks so didn’t notice this had been done. Kept it up because of the engagement it has gotten on social media, don’t want people following a dead link. Apologies

Nico
one year ago

Web renyu raramba kutenga airtime 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️