Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched Amazon Honeycode. A platform, in beta, that allows almost anyone in a business to build a custom web or mobile app without having any prior coding knowledge.
“Most teams rely on their IT Departments for new apps. Many IT departments don’t have the staff or capacity to build all those custom apps. One alternative is to hire expensive consultants to build the apps but more often than not those custom apps just don’t get built.”Larry Augustin, VP AWS Applications
Honeycode allows businesses to build specific mobile or web applications that manage simple tasks like to-do lists all the way to project management. This service is fully managed, software and servers are taken care of by AWS.
Honeycode adapts to the specific needs of business by:
- Keeping everyone in the organisation informed about the status of a variety of issues. Giving everyone real time data instantly.
- Personalising what each team member can have access to.
- Apps can be built for both mobile and web browsing.
- Automates manual steps, for example notifying team members to provide updates on a project.
Organisations can build the following applications and more:
- Product launch trackers
- Budget approvals
- Project and task managers
- Customer feedback trackers
The service looks to make many business operations more streamlined, increase the efficiency of information communication, as well improving workflow.
Companies can make applications for up to 20 users and 2500 rows per workbook. Beyond that they will have to pay per user for the cost of storage their apps take up. AWS also says that users can easily scale up to a 100 000 rows per workbook.
The project is in beta and it looks like AWS are trying to keep things simple in order to work out the final details of this platform.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.