Techzim is looking for an Editor to join us. We are a fairly small company and we believe in cultivating a sense of ownership in all our employees, giving them the support, resources, and autonomy to enable them to succeed.
The Editor plays a key part in Techzim’s strategy as a whole. The ideal person for this job will manage and oversee the editorial direction and strategy for Techzim. This includes reviewing all content produced, developing content strategies and style guidelines, managing the editorial team, making strategic business decisions.
You’ll be a great fit for this job if you
airpods pro imitation
Hp 15s Ryzen 5
- Have some experience as an editor with other media platforms
- Strong editorial judgment and English proficiency
- Demonstrate strong interest and curiosity in the tech industry
- Have existing professional and personal of local & regional contacts to leverage on in order to deliver content that is credible based on accurate sentiments on the ground
- You possess business acumen and able to understand the overall big picture of the business
- You care about communicating stuff well through writing/podcasting/video etc…
As part of a growing team, you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Develop the content strategy aligning it with Techzim’s business strategy
- Building & leading a team of writers, graphic artists, and video producers at Techzim
- Building up personal and professional contacts across the industry to arrange for exclusive interviews and scoops
- Growing the Techzim brand and audience using content
- Sourcing and writing stories about Zimbabwe’s and Africa’s tech & business scene and startup ecosystem
- Align Techzim’s content strategy to the business
- We’re fully remote, so this is a full-time remote job. It is not a freelance position
How do you apply?
Please send an email to email@example.com with:
- A brief about why you’re a great fit for this job and Techzim
- 3 or more paragraphs on anything tech in Zim.
This call for applications closes at the end day Friday 23 July 2021.