The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has, in a statement, said that the govt has provided them with funds to clear the Forex Auction backlog.
CLEARANCE OF THE RING-FENCED BACKLOG OF FOREIGN EXCHANGE AUCTION ALLOTMENTS
Further to previous communication that Government would be providing funds to clear the ring-fenced backlog of foreign exchange auction allotments, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (the Bank) is pleased to advise the public that it is in the process of clearing the ring-fenced backlog after receiving the funds from Treasury.
The Bank wishes to thank Government for providing the funds to clear the backlog. This will go a long way in restoring confidence in the Foreign Exchange Auction System as well as stabilising the foreign exchange market.
The Bank continues to urge foreign auction participants and banks to observe and uphold principles of good corporate governance and self-discipline to ensure high standards of business ethics and transparency for the stability of the economy in the short to medium term.The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) on Twitter
You should also read
- RBZ shuts down Market Watch & other black market exchange rate sites
- MPC Statement: RBZ to introduce mobile bureaux de change for rural areas
- RBZ orders Econet, Telecel & NetOne to phase out juice cards
- CZI calls for RBZ to state how much forex is available before the auction
- RBZ to clamp down on ZW$ card swipe for USD money changers