The press event saw Apple CEO Tim Cook unveil the much anticipated iPhone 7 to the world, here are the general specs of both models and below it some of the cool new features:
|Feature||iPhone 7||iPhone 7 Plus|
|Display||4,7″ Retina HD||5,5″ Retina HD|
|Resolution||1334 x 750 pixels @ 326 ppi||1920 x 1080 @ 401 ppi|
|Camera||12MP, 5X digital zoom||12MP wide angle & telephoto camera, 2X optical zoom, 10X digital zoom|
|Processor||A10 64 Bit||A10 64 Bit|
|Storage||32GB, 128GB, 256GB||32GB, 128GB, 256GB|
- Stereo speakers, one at the bottom one at top
- New camera has optical image stabilisation – 6 element lens with f/1.8 aperture. 60% faster than previous iPhones. The iPhone 7 has a single lens camera; the 7 Plus has a dual lens camera (wide angle and telephoto).
- 7-megapixel HD front-facing camera for selfies
- iPhone 7 Plus: New ‘portrait’ effect on the camera to add depth of field to photos
- Water and Dust resistant
- Longer battery life: Apple says the 7’s battery will last two hours longer than the 6, and the 7 Plus battery lasts one hour more than the 6 Plus.
- Comes in jet black, black, gold, silver, rose gold
- Headphones will connect via the Lightning port. A free set comes with with the phone, plus an adaptor for traditional 3.5mm jack headphones
- And AirPods – wireless headphones (with a microphone) that have infrared sensors that detect when they’re in your ear and only play then. W1 chip connects the AirPods to your other Apple devices. The batteries last for 5 hours and the AirPods come with a charging case that holds 24 hours of charge.
- A10 Fusion chip with a 64-bit four core CPU, 40% faster that last model’s A9
- Customizable, pressure-sensitive, solid state home button that includes “taptic feedback”
- 450 Mbps LTE, 3X faster than iPhone 6
More details soon to follow….