We recently tested Africom’s ECG Dongle, which we stated identifies problems with the heart, such as heart disease, heart failure, and cardiomyopathy etc. Now, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to actually use the device.
How to take an exam with the ECG Dongle.
- Download and install the ‘ECG Dongle’ application from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Attach the electrodes to the wires
- Place the electrodes on the body according to the color-coded scheme
- Connect the wires with the electrodes to the ECG Dongle device.
- Connect the device to the micro-USB connector on your mobile device using the provided OTG-cable, or directly to a USB connector, if one is present.(The device only works ONLY on mobile.)
- If the mobile application ECG Dongle is not started automatically, run it.
- Take a comfortable position, relax and wait for stabilization of the isocline on the screen (signals vary relative to their respective the horizontal lines, do not jump and do not float on the screen).
- Click on start <<Start recordings>>.
- After 30 seconds or more you can complete the record. Follow the mobile application instructions and send the data to a physician via the cloud service. (A service analysis is paid. The result is a detailed opinion of a specialist on the state of the cardiovascular system, which is sent to the email address provided in the form.)
- The result of the research can be saved in a PDF format(available for Android 4.4 or later versions) to show to your physician and keep in a private archive.
This article will be updated with a video of Techzim testing the device in the coming days so keep on the lookout for that.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.