Yesterday, Steward Bank introduced a “mobile banking solution designed for Zimbabweans in the diaspora” called Square World. Through Square World, the diaspora is able to access a host of banking services (they previously didn’t have access to) by opening a Diaspora Account. Now the question is, how to open the Diaspora Account?
First off, download the app on Google Playstore or Apple Appstore
- Account number
- Email address (the one you listed when you opened your account)
- Mobile Number (the one you listed when you opened your account)
- You will receive two tokens; one on email and the other via SMS. Enter these and set your password
- Registration completed
N.B this is only registration to use the Square World platform.
After registration you will be able to apply for a diaspora account. Here is how to actually apply the Diaspora Account.
Select “Apply for Diaspora Account”
- Complete all the fields
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Upload a copy of your valid Zimbabwean ID, Passport (Personal details page) or Drivers Licence
- Enter your signature
- Submit your application
After that you are good to go, you can start to make remittances, pay bills (back in Zimbabwe) etc.
Steward Bank, is a commercial bank registered and trading in Zimbabwe. The bank is a subsidiary of the Econet Wireless Zimbabwe. It was founded in 2001 by Tawanda Nyambirai as TN Bank. Read More About Steward Bank
The Republic of Zimbabwe is a country located in the Southern Africa region. Its capital city is :Harare and the country has 10 provinces. Zimbabwe is 390,580 sq km and is bordered on all sides by other countries (Zambia in the north, South Africa in... Read More About Zimbabwe