Yesterday, Steward Bank introduced a “mobile banking solution designed for Zimbabweans in the diaspora” called Square World. Through Square World, the diaspora is able to access a host of banking services (they previously didn’t have access to) by opening a Diaspora Account. Now the question is, how to open the Diaspora Account?
First off, download the app on Google Playstore or Apple Appstore
- Account number
- Email address (the one you listed when you opened your account)
- Mobile Number (the one you listed when you opened your account)
- You will receive two tokens; one on email and the other via SMS. Enter these and set your password
- Registration completed
N.B this is only registration to use the Square World platform.
After registration you will be able to apply for a diaspora account. Here is how to actually apply the Diaspora Account.
Select “Apply for Diaspora Account”
- Complete all the fields
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Upload a copy of your valid Zimbabwean ID, Passport (Personal details page) or Drivers Licence
- Enter your signature
- Submit your application
After that you are good to go, you can start to make remittances, pay bills (back in Zimbabwe) etc.