The past 10 years wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you!
No reason has been provided for the terminations other than the shift of blame to the regulator, but the biggest frustration for subscribers has been the loss of products that made the already expensive telecoms services a bit cheaper.
There’s been a bit of confusion about what was terminated and what is still active on each of the mobile networks, so here’s a look at what each of these operators has since suspended.
- The Econet 7X Bonus Airtime Promotion – Offered subscribers 7 times the maount spent on meeting a daily and weekly airtime usage target
- The Daily Bundle Bonus WiFi Data – offered double the amount of data bought as a daily data bundle
- Kwese Bundles – Zero rated bundles for internet TV service- not yet operational
- MaBundles Reappear Data Promotion
- 48-Hour Data and SMS Combo
Offered subscribers 270MB of data for $1, valid for 48 hours
- Mega Bonus Promotion
- On – net voice Bundles
- Twitter Bundles
According to information gathered from the mobile networks, the services that weren’t suspended such as the NetOne OneFusion, Dollar a Day, WhatsApp and Facebook bundles as well as the day data bundles are classified as products and not promotions.
The regulator is yet to clarify on the criteria used to determine what is set as product and what is classified as a promotion.
In the meantime, subscribers will have to wait for the next round of promotions that get approved or for a tariff reduction that will make communication a bit cheaper.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.