The past 10 years wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you!
This story was originally posted on Pindula
(reshared with permission)
The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission announced that it does not have a Voters Roll and that all prospective voters who want to exercise their right to vote in the 2018 harmonised election will have to be registered using the Biometric Voting Registration (BVR) system.
Just for emphasis, this means that everyone needs to go and register to vote and please try to do it as early as possible.
Who is eligible to vote?
Any person who is
- A Zimbabwean Citizen
- Aged 18 years old or above
What documents are needed for one to register?
A valid Zimbabwe passport
National Identification Card (ID)
It can be metal or plastic or a Waiting Pass with the original photograph
Proof of Residence
What is Proof of Residence?
A proof of residence is a document confirming where you live and it needs to have your full name as it appears on your ID and your address printed on it.
You can use any of the following documents as Proof of Residence
- A) title deeds or a certificate of occupation
- B) a lodgers permit issued by the relevant local authority
- C) rates, water, electricity, telephone or credit store statement on which is shown your name and physical address
- D) a statement from your landlord, parent or friend confirming that you reside at the stated place of residence accompanied by any of the documents in A, B Or C in the name of landlord, parent, friend or such other person at whose residence you reside
- E) a statement that confirms that you are residing at the stated place of residence made by the head of a school, hospital or other public institutions where you reside
- F) a statement confirming that you reside at the stated place of residence made by or on behalf of the person in whose name a mining location is registered in the area where you reside
- G) a statement by your employer confirming your address
- H) a confirmation letter by the relevant councillor, village head, headman or Chief confirming that you reside in the ward you claim to reside
- I) a confirmation letter by farm owner or resettlement officer confirming that you reside in the ward you claim to reside in
- J) an offer proving that you are in lawful occupation of the land to which the offer letter relates
- K) a hospital bill or clinic, hospital card or an envelope with post office markings reflecting your address
- L) if you are unable to produce any of the above documents as proof of residence you can submit a residence AFFIDAVIT stating your place of residence
We have received some reports that some of the voter registration centres are running out of affidavit forms, so to prevent any delays or inconvenience we recommend that you go with your own affidavit forms.
You can download the affidavit by clicking on the link below.
What time can I go and register to vote?
Registration Centres will be open every weekday from Monday to Friday from 0800 hours to 1645 hours. However, as you will be dealing with public officials, we recommend that you go as early as possible.
Where can I find the ZEC Registration centres?
Below, we have arranged the Voter Registration Centres by Province
BULAWAYO METROPOLITAN PROVINCE
1. Rylanders Court
Windsor Park 16th Ave
HARARE METROPOLITAN PROVINCE
1. Remembrance Complex
No 2 Remembrance Drive,
2. Seke Teachers College,
Stand No. 16120,
Buhera RDC Murambinda
New Government Complex Block B 2nd floor
District Administrator Complex Chingaira Building
District Administrator Complex 43 Tembwe street
DC Mutasa Messengers Camp Stand 4894
District Administrator’s Complex
MASHONALAND CENTRAL PROVINCE
Mutungagore Bld Office No G73
Old Magistrate Court DAs Complex
District Administrator Complex Concession
Mbire RDC offices
District Administrator Complex Office No 27
Palmwal Agencies Building Bld Stand No 145
District Administrator’s Complex Office No 14
Stand No 203 Main Street Shamva
MASHONALAND EAST PROVINCE
The Range District Administrator’s Office
Public Works Complex Goromonzi
District Administrator’s Office 1st Street Marondera
Government Complex Kotwa Growth Point
Murehwa RDC Murehwa
Mutoko District Development Fund Complex Mutoko
District Administrator Office Mharapara/Mangwende Drive
8.UZUMBA MARAMBA PFUNGWE
Mutawatawa Government Complex
District Administrator Complex Wedza Growth Point
MASHONALAND WEST PROVINCE
Chegutu Municipality Offices
Hurungwe RDC offices 262 Chikangwe Rd Karoi
Public Works Kariba Depot Kariba
Public Works Dept Makonde Depot Chinhoyi
Sanyati RDC 8 Warwick Rd Kadoma
Sanyati RDC 8 Warwick Road
Murombedzi Government Complex
Institute of Training and Dev Nyika Growth Point
Stand No A80A Masasa/ DDF Chiredzi
District Administrator Complex
Chivi Growth Point
Gutu Old Post Office
District Administrator Complex Corner Leopold Takawira/Hughes rd Masvingo
Big Six Complex Rutenga Growth Point
District Administrator Complex Zaka
MATEBELELAND NORTH PROVINCE
Binga RDC offices Binga
Stand No 2/1984 Bubi District Council Houses
Thomas Coulter Annex School. Hwange
Stand No.246 Multipurpose Hall Kusile RDC offices
Nkayi RDC offices Nkayi
District Development Fund Training Centre Tsholosho
17 Rylanders Court Windsor Park Complex 16th Avenue Fomona Bulawayo
MATEBELELAND SOUTH PROVINCE
*Office No 5 Old boarder Post Beitbridge
Stand No 140 Hebron Plumtree
Office No 10 Shashe Building Gwanda
Stand No 140 Peter Street Hebron Plumtree
District Administrator Office Kezi
District Administrator Office Filabusi
Umzingwane RDC Umzingwane
District Administrator Complex Tel-One offices
Government Complex Office No 57 Gokwe North
Government Complex Office No 103 Gokwe South
Old prison complex Office No 10 Main Street Gweru
Social Offices Offices Corner 2nd/4th street Kwekwe
Ministry of Education Complex Office No 3 Mberengwa
Makusha Hall Peak Rd Main Offices Shurugwi
New Government Complex. Zvishavane
And again, please try to register at your earliest convience.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.