WhatsApp Business is finally in Zimbabwe and we’re still figuring it out, but here’s what we know:
- Only Available for Android devices, you can download it here
- You cannot use the same number you use for WhatsApp Messenger to register for WhatsApp Business.
- If you submit the same number you use for WhatsApp Messenger to register for WhatsApp Business, you will automatically be migrated to WhatsApp Business and be removed from WhatsApp Messenger.
- If you then re-submit the same number you used for WhatsApp Business to gain access to your WhatsApp Messenger, you will (again) be automatically migrated to WhatsApp Messenger and removed from WhatsApp Business.
- You cannot change your profile name once entered for registration on WhatsApp Business.
- You can restore chats from WhatsApp Messenger onto your WhatsApp Business account and vice-versa.
- You can run both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business on the same device.
- You cannot set up WhatsApp Business with the same number on more than one device.
- WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business are two different applications.
- Although you can see the restored chats from W.Messenger on your W.Business after setting up (that’s if you choose to restore the chats during setting your account up), you cannot continue a conversation from W.Messenger using W.Business as they will appear as two different conversations to the person you’re sending the message to.
Here’s how to register for WhatsApp Business:
1. Download WhatsApp Business from the store (see link above)
2. Open WhatsApp Business
3. Enter and verify your business phone number
4. Enter the name of your business
And you’re in!
You can read more on WhatsApp Business here. Here are more screenshots of the App
<We’ll continue to update the post as we learn more>. However, if you discover something we haven’t, feel free to share it in the comments section.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.