The past 10 years wouldn't have been possible without you. Thank you!
Zimbabwe’s most commonly used payment platform, EcoCash has been nominated for two awards in the Best Mobile Innovation for Payment and Fintech and Outstanding Mobile Contribution to the UN SDGs categories.
The first category is pretty self-explanatory, whilst the second nomination is for mobile technology that contributes towards the United Nations Sustainable Goals for Development. The goals were set in 2015 and the goals are meant to “address the global challenges we face”. Once you consider the impact that EcoCash has had on Zimbabwe’s financial inclusion it clearly makes sense for the mobile money platform to be one of the technologies on the list.
Who will they be competing against?
For the Best Mobile Innovation for Payment and Fintech award, EcoCash will be fighting off the following;
- Dialog Axiata PLC for Dialog Axiata Genie
- JS Bank for JS Bank
- KT for Genie Pay
- Cassava Smartech and Mahindra Comviva for EcoCash Merchant Payments powered by mobiquity Money
- Voyager Innovations for PayMaya
For the Outstanding Mobile Contribution to the UN SDGs category the other nominees are:
- IrisGuard UK Ltd for The EyePay® and World Food Programme
- Telekomunikasi Selular Indonesia & Habibi Garden for Habibi Garden
- Telenor for Tonic Universal Health Coverage Platform
- World Food Programme for SCOPE CODA
The winners of the awards will be announced on the during MWC Barcelona which will be held from 25-28 February.
Also read, Ecocash CEO, Natalie Jabangwe Appointed To President Mnangagwa’s 24 Member Advisory Council
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.