advertisementBuy ZESA tokens online
#Entertainment

DStv To Remove 3 Popular Channels On 1 November

DStv

DStv is going to remove History, Crime + Investigation and Lifetime channels from its platform on 1 November. The three channels are being removed owing to an expiration of a contract between DStv and A&E Television Networks, the American company which owns the channels. In a statement, DStv said:

As part of our ongoing efforts to refresh our content line-up and optimise the suite of channels on offer, MultiChoice Group will be saying goodbye to the History, Crime + Investigation and Lifetime channels on its DStv platform at the end of the current contract term. The current contract expires on 1 November 2019. Viewers will however be able to continue enjoying some of the firm favourites such as the Housewives franchise that’s already available on 1 Magic.

DStv said that it’s going to introduce two new channels which will show programs that have the same feel to those you currently watch on History, Crime + Investigation and Lifetime channels.

We will soon be announcing the introduction of two new channels to DStv. The first is an established global brand and the other, a new innovative brand. Both channels will bring exciting new titles and genres that viewers will really enjoy, including among others blue chip documentaries, history and factual reality shows. In addition, we continue to increase our significant investment in local shows and content, which have great resonance with customers and are a key driver of engagement.

Also read: Check Out Which Country Pays The Most & Least For DStv – Zimbabwe Ranks Decently

Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge

If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen

Aloysius Ozigbo
one year ago

I will like to know more about this company and what ur about to be, ,,,

one year ago

We are failing to watch dstv due to the excessive power blackouts by ZESA. A number of subscribers in my area did not pay this october due to the power cuts. Maybe Dstv should consider giving us one and a half month for every month paid for until the electricity situation normalise in Zimbabwe.

Kaimfa Chandang'oma
one year ago

Unfortunately some of us have failed to renew our subscription this month due to load shedding and only able to have for less than 4 hrs a day.

DSTV needs to be innovative and perhaps charge on a pay as you go basis. Otherwise it is unsustainable to pay for what we hardly watch.

William Obiri
one year ago

Happy to hear this. I’m a football fan and the football channels aren’t enough. I will be glad to see bundesliga, ligule 1, Eredivisie and other leagues. Football is the reason I’m using DSTV.

William Obiri
one year ago

Introduce more fooball channels

Onyx
one year ago

CI AND ID ARE THE ONLY CHANNEL I WATCH ON DSTV. PLS DONT LET IT GO OR I GO WITH IT.

Clement lukhama
one year ago

DStv was one of my favorite decorder since,now with all these changes alot of customer will result in buying contents from our local decorders like topstar,muvitv and other decorders.you recently removed all the Europa games on your decorder which is very unfair to some football fans across Africa.please we pay to enjoy watching than this booshit.

one year ago