These past few weeks I have been writing about how state broadcasters in Zimbabwe and South Africa are finding it hard to collect licence fees. One suggestion I made about ZTV was how they should make it easy for people to pay their licence fees instead of just relying on inspectors to go door to door and collect revenue. Turns out I was wrong, you can indeed pay for your ZBC Radio or TV licence online.
In order to do this, you should follow these steps:
- Visit https://licensing.zbc.co.zw/ fortunately despite the site’s bland design the WordPress theme used here is responsive so even if you are using a tablet or mobile phone the site should display fine.
- Click or tap on pay licence now (the red button) or select the “Pay Now” option from the top menu
- You will be taken to the site’s shop
- Choose the licence you want to pay by clicking/tapping on the “Sign Up” button below your preferred option. I don’t know why it says Sign Up instead of add to cart.
- I strongly suggest you pay for one licence at a time. So if you have a car radio and a T.V at home and you want to pay for both just pay for the car radio licence first and then pay for the the T.V licence in another session.
- Once you have added your option to card click or tap on the card option
- Fill in your details and checkout
- You will be redirected to Pay Now you have four ways to pay:
- Using Ecocash
- Using Telecash
- Using OneMoney
- Using Vpayments-again ZIMSWITCH and PayNow please replace this with ZIPIT instead. I beg you. Does anyone use this VPayments thing? We all use ZIPIT for once listen to us.
- Complete payment
Congratulations, you are one of the few people with a T.V or radio that has paid their ZBC licence you can feel proud of your contributions and can breathe a sigh of relief. Apparently, if you don’t pay for your licence and an inspector finds out they will issue a notice and you will be required to pay within seven days and inform the nearest police station that you have finally paid for your licence. If you don’t do so you will be prosecuted. I am sure you do not want that now, do you?
Acer P253E Mapurisa (Not working)
Asus M515 Laptop
Dell Inspiron 3450 Core i3 4th Gen
OTG Flash Drivess
A look at the tech powering the payment site
As already revealed above the site is using the following technologies:
- WordPress-an unkown version hopefully up to date
- WooCommerce version 4.9.3 and
- Pay Now
Unfortunately, if you are outside Zimbabwe you cannot pay directly for someone in Zimbabwe.
4 thoughts on “You can now pay for your ZBC Licence Online, here is how”
Given the one-sided messaging of entities like zbc, I’m surprised when it comes to subscriptions, they need money from everyone (including those they call ‘enemies of the state’). Your last sentence made me laugh. Who in their right mind would want to send forex to pay for zbc garbage? Surely DStv is making more money because of the variety of content, the open debates and better delivery through HD etc? Not shoving claptrap down people’s throats.
Why would i pay for a licence? Zbc is one of the worst channels I’ve ever watched in my entire life. It has the worst quality ever. Sort of like church channels from Nigeria. All Zbc things are rubbish/garbage. I’m never gonna pay for something i don’t use.
Kkkk I couldn’t have said it any better. Spot on 👌
True. We haven’t subscribed to our DStv for a while now and it’s funny I prefer Dstv’s channel 100 because it has great quality and new content always – the adverts are better than zbc as a whole package 😂