They say necessity is the mama of all inventions, so when the going gets tough instead of just whining some people find solutions.
Cash is a problem, no doubt. We’ve tried to go with plastic money but things like airtime are still not so easy to swipe for particularly if you don’t intend on buying anything else besides a dollar worth of airtime.
Uuuh, well for Econet users that is not really a problem since there’s EcoCash but not so much for other network subscribers i.e. Telecel and NetOne. Of course there’s Telecash and OneMoney but really, who uses those?
Nonetheless, the major problem started when people started migrating from Econet to other mobile networks because it became expensive. Not really became expensive as in shot up, but rather remained at the same price while the rest of the mobile networks became cheaper by means of promotions etc. and because the money is in the Ecocash line, it becomes difficult for people to move to any other network.
Well, good news is you can actually move to any other mobile network as you see fit without being bound by the fear of how to then get airtime even without cash.
You can buy right here on Techzim. If you scroll to the bottom of this article or to the bottom of any article on Techzim, you will find a simple form to enter your number (NetOne, Telecel or Econet), the amount of airtime you want and the EcoCash number you want to pay with. Click ‘Buy’ and check your EcoCash phone to confirm the transaction by entering your EcoCash PIN.
The same form can be accessed on this page for buying NetOne, Telecel and Econet airtime with EcoCash and it works exactly the same way.
- Go to buyairtime.co.zw
- Enter the number to be recharged, the Amount of Airtime and the EcoCash number that will make the payment
- Click on Buy
- The mobile phone with the EcoCash line will then immediately get a prompt to approve the payment
- Once approved, the phone number to be recharged will be topped up.
Option 3: Buy On WhatsApp
For those times when you are unable to use the regular web because you have no bundles, you can still use WhatsApp to buy airtime.
Here are the steps:
- You send the word “airtime” to the following WhatsApp number: +263 714 815 229
- The number will respond immediately providing you the format to use to top up. The format is as follows:Amount#Number to recharge#EcoCash number
for example 3#O714815229#O772888999
- After this, you should get a prompt on your EcoCash line asking to pay the amount you indicated.
- Once paid, your airtime will be topped up.
Please note: This article has been updated to provide some even easier ways to buy airtime.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen