Kazembe Kazembe career has taken a new trajectory that saw him being appointed the Minister of Ministry of Information and Communications Technology and Cyber Security, thus displacing Supa Mandiwanzira. Whilst Supa’s career started off being a well-renowned journalist, Mr. Kazembe Kazembe’s career started off being a school teacher.
However, of the two, Mr. Kazembe seem to be more qualified for this job than his predecessor and I believe that makes him a good appointment by President Mnangagwa. His educational background and work experience altogether mold him into a technocrat. Yet, making good policies or being a competent minister requires more than technical expertise or knowledge. To deliver he not only will need to use his knowledge but will have to be politically capacitated by the President to institute whatever reforms or policies.
Anyway, let’s take a look at Mr. Kazembe Kazembe’s background;
- Primary: Dandamera Primary School
- Secondary: Kundayi Secondary, Chipindura High (O Level), Allan Wilson High (A Level)
- Tertiary: MBA (Africa University), B. Tech Degree in Marketing (Technikon SA) Graduate Diploma in Marketing (IMM) SA, Electrical Power Engineering (Harare Institute of Technology), Data Communication and Networking (University of Zimbabwe), B.Tech Level 5 in CCTV surveillance ( TAVCOM Training College, UK)
- Other Form of Training: Access Control Systems & Biometrics – Impro SA, Access Control Systems – GYYR, UK Electronics/Mechanical Technologies Rotor Spinning Machines (Rieter, Switzerland) Milestone X-Protect CCTV systems, Milestone. Work Environment Management (Harare Institute of Technologies) Electrical Artisan Class 1 – Ministry of Labour & Manpower Development Refrigeration – Harare Institute of technology
- 1990 – 1991: Science & Mathematics Teacher at Rujeko Secondary School, Glendale
- 1994 – 1995: Managing Director & Owner – REK Stationers – Glendale
- 1995 – 1996: Electrical Engineering Technician – Glendale Spinners 1996 -1997: Co-Head Electrical Department – Glendale Spinners
- 1997 – 1998: Systems Consultant – Safeguard Alarms
- 1998 – 1999: Divisional Manager (Hitech Division) – Safeguard Alarms
- 1999 – 2000: Technical Director- Safeguard Alarms
- 2000 – 2002: Sales & Marketing Director – Safeguard Alarms
- 2002 to date: Managing Director & Owner – Leabridge Technologies
- 1999 – 2001: Cell Hungwe Branch, Dandamera, Mazowe West
- 2001- 2010: Hungwe Branch Committee
- 2010 – 2013: Committee Member Dandamera District
- 2013 – Provincial Member – Mashonaland Central
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.