Last week we had a network interrupted conversation with Simbarashe Mangena who is a Nuclear Engineer from the Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe (RPAZ). Thankfully this week we were able to continue the conversation and on this second edition of the Technikari Nuclear Special we learned even more about:
- The use cases of Nuclear Science and Technology in Zimbabwe
- Specific use cases for the different types of radiation
- Africa not leveraging the 18% uranium supply it gives to the rest of the world for nuclear technology and infrastructure development
- Challenges affecting Zimbabwe in adopting nuclear technology for power generation.
- Is nuclear power generation in Africa and Zimbabwe even viable what with the rise of alternative and green energy like solar?
- Management of nuclear waste in Africa.
Technikari Nuclear Speacial Part 2 other podcast sites and apps links
You should also check out
Last week we talked to Eugene Ramirez Mapondera, comic book artist, animator and businessman. He is also the co-founder of Comexposed and he joined us to talk about being a creative in Zimbabwe.
Technikari with Eugene Mapondera, co-founder of Comexposed
We also had a conversation with Takwana Tyaranini, co-founder of the popular remittance service Senditoo. We spoke about his journey and all the programs and promotions Senditoo has launched.
Technikari with Takwana Tyaranini, co-founder of Senditoo
Tisu Vanhu Vacho Plug
If you are in the mood for something more downbeat and not related to our usual coverage. We have another podcast called Tisu Vanhu Vacho where the media team at Techzim talks about anything and everything. On the latest episode, we talked about the whether we prefer an office work environment or working from home.
This conversation started when Shamie (our Social Media Editor) found a report that said 40% of South Africans now prefer working from home. The proportion was pretty surprising judging from the limited transition and settling time the world’s workforce got to adapt to remote work.
Tisu Vanhu Vacho Ep 17: remote work vs working in an office