We held a Twitter Space breaking down a study that was done by The Zimbabwe Blockchain Technology Think Tank called “Towards Virtual Asset Regulation and Adoption of Blockchain Technology in Zimbabwe’s Context”.
The think tank itself comprised of
- Hon Advocate Fortune Chasi, MP
- Dr Solomon Guramatunhu, MBChB, Opththamology
- Dr Immaculate Motsi-Omoijiade, PHD (she/her) Cryptocurrency
- Prosper Mwedzi, M.Law (Hons), Solicitor (England and Wales) Twitter (@prosmoon)
- Kudzai Mubaiwa, B.Commerce Hons (Banking), Masters (Development Finance)
- Osmas Chiurunge, Software Engineer, B.Computing
- Norman Chimuka (Partner), Chimuka Mafunga Commercial Attorneys
- Tonderai Sena (Associate), Chimuka Mafunga Commercial Attorneys
We were joined in the Space by members of The Zimbabwe Blockchain Technology Think Tank to discuss the study as well as go over the regulatory landscape, pain points for value preservation due to the depreciating Zim dollar and entrepreneurship in Zimbabwe. Below is the recording of the Space for anyone who was unable to be part of it as it happened.
You can listen to or download the podcast with the link below. Alternatively, you get a copy by sending the message “podcast” to 0717 684 274 on WhatsApp
You can download the study and Prosper Mwedzi’s private Digital Assets and Cryptocurrency Bill with the links below:
Subscribe & listen to Technikari on these podcast sites & apps
You should also check out these episodes of Technikari
Our conversation with Gwinyai Nyatsoka, the CTO of US-based software development firm Cobbles, who is looking to teach local developers how to gain access into the remote developer market.
Gateway Streams is airing episodes of Wadiwa WepaMoyo season 2 but the experience is much the same as Jah Prayzah’s exclusive album launch on the platform.
Zimbabwe’s drone expert, Tawanda Chihambakwe invited us out to an event where he was pitching drone tech to ZESA. After that presentation we had a chat about drone adoption in Zimbabwe, operating environment challenges and what he has planned for the future.
Cover Image Credit: Coin Geek