It is now possible to conduct a Name Search and register a company online as some know already. The convenience of no longer being required to make the trip to the Companies Registry office is much appreciated. This is especially convenient if you’re not located in Harare or Bulawayo, which are the only two cities with Companies Registry offices.
In all this remember if you do not have access to the internet you can go to the ground floor search room at the Companies Registry offices and utilise the KIOSK to register. You will not be allowed to submit the CR21 form (Name Search) manually. That means a trip to Harare or Bulawayo unfortunately. You should get the CV4 form confirming your reserved name within 24 hours.
To be able to conduct an online Name Search you have to be registered on ZimConnect Online Services. Here is how you go about it.
- Visit https://zimeservices.pfms.gov.zw/irj/portal/anonymous/login
- Once in the ZimConnect Portal select: Register Now (It says: New Here ? Register Now and appears to be under the Non Citizens section)
- Complete the request form provided and especially make sure to use an active email address and phone number you have access to. You will receive an SMS from txt.co.zw with your confirmation code an also an email with your username and confirmation code. Use the code to complete your registration. Remember not to put any spaces when inputting your I.D number or Passport number e.g 112222222Z33. No spaces.
- You will be taken to the ZimConnect Portal login page again.
- In the User* text field Enter in your I.D number or Passport number without spaces again then input your password and you’re in.
Now that you’re logged on let’s move on to how to conduct a name search:
- Select Companies and Deeds under Online Services
- Select Request for Company Name Search
- Select New Payment (You are going to need to need to make a payment first before you start the search)
- If you’re conducting just one search proceed to Make Payment now! If more than one search is required, input the necessary number and proceed to make payment
- You will be redirected to the Paynow getway to make payment. Make sure to input your full name and contact number in the transaction details section. Select a payment method. We tried paying using EcoCash and it worked flawlessly. Then select Make Payment (It costs $5.00 to conduct a name search but that’s before Paynow charges ($0.56 to $0.67) and before bank, credit/debit card or mobile money charges too.
- Input the account from which funds will be taken. For example, for EcoCash you input the EcoCash registered number and select Make Payment.
- You will then need to input your PIN on your phone and the payment will be processed. You will receive an email confirming the payment.
- If successful you will then get a confirmation on the site that your reservation has been made. You will need to save the reference number shown before exiting the website. The text confirmation may delay in coming or may not come at all so make sure you save the reference number. You will need the reference number to retrieve your search results in the future.
That’s it. You have conducted the Name Search online. You can also register a company too. You select the Company Registration option and you can fill in all the company details and also attach the Memorandum and Articles of Association. We did not try this ourselves and so cannot confirm that it works as advertised. The online Name Search however works as advertised.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.