At Higherlife Foundation, we believe in the power of people. That people have unlimited potential to transform their communities, and ultimately, their nations.
That’s why we invest in people – from students and teachers, to farmers and entrepreneurs. We work to build thriving communities, one person at a time.
And we need your help. Because we envision digital solutions at the center of our work, giving the people we serve the tools they need to transform their communities.
Imagine an app that brings volunteers together in their common goal to support distressed communities.
Or a platform that connects like-minded entrepreneurs across Zimbabwe who are passionate about farming.
Our digital learning platform – Ruzivo – is transforming how students learn and we want to take it to the next level, with help from talented developers like you.
The possibilities are endless, because we have a bold vision.
A vision that sees Zimbabwe becoming a middle-income country by 2050, through sustained investments in education, health, entrepreneurship, rural transformation, and women’s empowerment.
A vision that puts technology at the center, with the support of creative and talented software developers like you, who believe in the power of technology to transform societies.
Coding for a better world. Coding to make a difference. We hope you’ll join us on this journey.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Drive digital transformation in the organisation.
- Apply relevant web technologies to processes and stakeholder touch points for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create or supervise the creation of applications, web portals and websites that reduce cost of programming, improve the organisation’s online profile, and connect the communities we work in.
- Update existing web assets to meet the security, functionality, information and design standards.
- Implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance of the organisation’s web assets.
- Provide analytics reports on traffic and performance of organisation’s web assets.
- Lead our web development strategy, and review and update policies to ensure the organisation’s web assets always meet global design and technical standards.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to support them with technical advice and build high quality digital experiences
Candidate should have:
- Strong execution and project management skills.
- Advanced HTML and CSS knowledge and skills.
- Sound knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tags.
- Experience in building responsive web designs and landing pages
- Experience in cross browser testing and compatibility
- Around 2-3 years front end and back end experience
We are looking for one candidate for immediate hire on a full-time basis but are also building a database of freelancers who will be receiving work on an ad-hoc basis as and when jobs arise. Candidates that meet the criteria should submit their application on https://higherlifefoundation.heiapply.com/application by 30 January 2019.