What Happens When You Uninstall WhatsApp Or Delete Your WhatsApp Account

Social media and instant messaging apps can get on our nerves. I bet you must have thought of going on social media detox by deleting those apps at least once. At times, it’s just a single app such as WhatsApp that annoys the hell out of us. With the pressure to reply and a flood of spam messages in groups, uninstalling or deleting the appe seems a good idea at times.

But what happens when you uninstall WhatsApp or delete a WhatsApp account? You must have several queries related to old and new messages, profile pictures, settings, and more. Well, take a seat and fasten your seat belt as we go on this journey of answering all your queries regarding uninstalling your WhatsApp.

What’s uninstalling WhatsApp and what’s deleting a WhatsApp account?

Uninstalling WhatsApp is that time when you just remove the app from your phone. Deleting a WhatsApp account speaks for itself, it involves removing all your contact information from the WhatsApp servers. Let’s get started.

New messages

When you uninstall WhatsApp, people can still send you messages. However, since the app isn’t installed on your phone, you will not be notified about it. Only when you reinstall WhatsApp, you will receive those messages and missed call notifications. However, when you have deleted your WhatsApp account, you won’t receive messages that were sent when your account was deleted.

What happens to Groups

You will continue to be part of your groups even if you uninstall WhatsApp. Also, if you are an admin of the group, you will continue to be the admin. Whereas when you delete your WhatsApp account, you will be removed from the groups.

Can people see your profile picture

Yes, depending on your previous privacy settings, your contacts can still see your last profile picture and “About”. It won’t be removed after you uninstall WhatsApp. But, if you delete your WhatsApp account, your profile picture will be deleted too.

Last seen

If the last seen feature was active before uninstalling WhatsApp, your friends would see the time when you were last active before you uninstalled WhatsApp. As for deleting a WhatsApp account, your contacts will still see your last seen. Again, if the last seen feature was turned on before deleting a WhatsApp account, you

Settings and blocked numbers

Both remain unaffected when you uninstall WhatsApp. Meaning, after reinstallation of WhatsApp, you will have the same account and privacy settings. Similarly, the previously blocked numbers will continue to appear in the block list.

However, when you delete your WhatsApp account, all the settings and blocked numbers will be reset and deleted. So when you register your WhatsApp account again you will have default settings and no blocked numbers.

Visibility in the Contacts list

After uninstalling the app, WhatsApp won’t remove you from your friends’ chat or contacts list. However, deleting the account will make you not appear in your friends’ contacts list.

How to know if someone uninstalled their WhatsApp

There is no direct way to identify if someone has uninstalled WhatsApp. You can only assume if you don’t see activity for a long time on their WhatsApp account. However, it’s not quite helpful because some folks use moded apps like GB WhatsApp that completely hide what they are doing on WhatsApp.

Also read: 4 (Lucrative) Businesses Happening Entirely On WhatsApp In Zimbabwe

Quick NetOne, Econet, And Telecel Airtime Recharge

The Principal
2 years ago

You don’t delete WhatsApp simply because some people are “getting into your nerves”. NO.

WhatsApp is a means of communicating and can never be in the same group as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc

Block the people who are disturbing you on WhatsApp, and continue chatting with your loved ones.

I can’t find any single good reason to delete WhatsApp so I don’t even see why this article was written in the first place lol. Alvine, why write this crap??

11 months ago

Because we want to know if we lose our chats and groups when we just uninstall the application, some people like students have to detox for a few weeks, making enough time for their school and academic life. I don’t see how this article offends you, but if it does, ignore it and forget it exists.
    Why are you even here if you didn’t want to know about it!!

Jhai
      18 hrs ago

This article is very helpful for me too..don’t worry! You did a great job explaining everything..especially to those who are new users of whatsapp😉

gue
    11 months ago

This article is helpful for me tho. I’m a student. Sometimes I need to deactivate my whatsapp because I want to spent my time without being disturbed by soo many messages from soo many communities and classes. And when I came back to whatsapp I hope I still can catch up to the information I missed when I deactivate my whatsapp.

Shelly
      9 months ago

You can simply disable internet connection for WhatsApp when u study nd make it whenever I want …

Harinee
    7 months ago

Hello
    I doesn’t know who are you
    But every person have their own feelings on what’s app ,so you must give your reply ,don’t suggest your opinion to all that don’t delete or uninstall what’s app.
    Ignore me if I spoke anything wrong.

Principal is an idiot
    7 months ago

The Principal you are such a douchebag

Chester
    2 months ago

Speak for yourself mister! People go through depression and do all sort of things when they are depressed such as deleting their social media accounts because they couldnt find solace there or people dont care about them. Imagine you been on watsapp yet mo one buzzed you? And then when you post something the world remembers you? Why have accounts when no one really cares about your existence until they hear your passed on, then all of a sudden you get popular. Friendship is purely overrated. The world is a wicked place. You live and die alone.

3 weeks ago

Well believe it or not, there are certain conditions where you wanna stay away from whatsapp for a required length of time but want to do it lowkey so as to avoid leaving a “…left the group” notification on people’s group chat pages.

2 years ago

Dude you are lying

terrence makombe
2 years ago

Esha
11 months ago

I wnat toh ask ki if i uninstalled my whatsapp is staus should b visible to my contacts

Fatima
11 months ago

Please I want to know if I deleted my WhatsApp account. Can someone hack my WhatsApp account which has been deleted ?

Patrícia
11 months ago

Someone hacked my phone in what’s up application I want to know if I uninstall it and re installe it again can that person still see my massages they took a picture if my quora

Linda A Kress
    4 months ago

Someone just did the same to me in November 2020. I can still see the little dot signifying someone is looking for me after I deleted the app and him. I uninstalled it a week ago. He’s been trying to gain access to my FB and I reported him. My personal email as well. I want to be rid of him forever! He was a catfish on Twitter, posing as a physician. Help!

Mia
      3 months ago

Hi Linda,
      I am am grateful that you wrote this article. I am able to relate to you very well. You are the first person that write exactly how I feel too. I do not want to see him at all in my whatsapp. I deleted him on my phone’s contact but he is still on my whatsapp. It is no use to block him because he still there. I do not want to see him every time I use Whatsapp. It reminds me about to many sad memories. He broke my heart.

Crocutahr
8 months ago

After reinstalling whatsapp, I am not recieving messages that has been sent to me during the time I had uninstalled whatsapp. What is the problem?

7 months ago

I also experienced the same problem just yesterday… No messages, no group icons, no profile picture, no about

8 months ago

If I didn’t backup my account,After reinstall whatsapphire can I have my early chats?

Mary Jane CHARBONNÉ
8 months ago

Why have whats app TOLD me to wait 11hours to re install app.?

Terry
8 months ago

I did a factory reset on my phone. The SD card was corrupt causing problem so I removed it then did the reset. I think SD card had data for the whatsapp. As the phone failed to automatically re-store whatsapp, I had to manually re-install it. I never backed it up on google drive but as local files into SD card that got corrupt.

In this situation, the whatsapp server would take my account as new?
Would the friend who had open chatroom with me would still have me there or would I appear as different user to them if I talked to them again?

Christina Svensson
7 months ago

HUGE thank you for this article.
I needed to go on a WApp detox as people bothering me are friends that could not be blocked but I needed a pause and desperately so..
Phiew – I will do this regularly and have informed people.
All unimportant pling pling plings and hours of listening to messages – ie one way conversations avoided.
Such a relief. George Michael – FREEDOM comes to mind.
Thank you and BLESSINGS!

Michael Miller
7 months ago

I gave my old phone to my wife (she liked it) and cloned the new one I bought, but she had her own WhatsApp account.
Can I safely remove my WhatsApp account (without losing everything) from her phone and she replace it with hers?
If so, can anyone tell me how?

Chris
7 months ago

I want to know if they changed their phone number since they disappeared from Whatsapp and the Whatsapp icon doesn’t show by their number in my contacts list.

Newsronic
7 months ago

We are providing a high & an ideal opportunity for Pakistanis to overcome their meaningless bounded activities,
for example, scrolling over the web! Newsronic’s family demonstrated a productive way to make the Internet a more significant and useful hotspot for the average Pakistani Internet user.
Newsronic.com is standing on the point of making a persuasive and overwhelmed close Internet,
indulging a positive and perpetual change in the lives of the Pakistani Nation.
Newsronic

7 months ago

So I always back up my messages.. My old phone was stolen and I had backed up everything.. When I reinstalled my app, everything came back except my profile picture, about and many group messages and icons..

I’m so annoyed.. I had to rejoin all of my groups again

Diane
6 months ago

All of a sudden, WhatsApp photos and videos will not download to my phone. Internet is good, time and date are good. Is uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp likely to fix this?

a month ago

I deleted my whatspp I just want to ask that if someone hack my whatp account so they read my all chats???

a month ago

I wanted to confirm if deleting my whatsapp account also deletes my statuses even before 24hours

You’re right Principal is indeed a douchebag
4 weeks ago

Principal. Why you think it’s your business to tell people not to uninstall what’s app. Not everyone is the same. Some people use company lines. Some are students. Some don’t have the loved ones you have and use it only for communication with their colleagues or friends or lovers or whatever. And these people want to get off what’sapp for a while.
Thanks for the article dear. Don’t listen to ignorant people. Greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

Emily
4 weeks ago

I deleted WhatsApp for a day and sent a test message to myself to see if I would receive it when I reinstalled. It didn’t work. I got only the messages from the last back up I had. So if someone sends you a message while WhatsApp is deleted on your phone you will not see the messages when you reinstall

Garikai Dzoma
    4 weeks ago

Interesting.

Chivken
3 days ago

I have a question, a number I don’t know called and texted me on Whatsapp. I didn’t recognize the number, so I changed the number, deleted the account, and uninstalled Whatsapp. If the unknown # wanted to track me down, could they? I also never shared my location with them. I just want to be safe.