The Africa Tech Summit is a convention aimed at bringing together great companies and initiatives across the continent in a bid to connect them with international ventures, investors and entrepreneurs who are truly focused on business and investment in Africa.
The Summit was officially launched in 2016 in London. However, in 2018, for the first time it will be coming to Africa, in Rwanda, Kigali to be precise.
The event is occurring on the 14th to the 15th of February 2018 (that gives one time to prepare right?) and below are the first 25 (out of a possible 50+) speakers that have been announced so far:
1. Kojo Boakye Africa Public Policy Manager Facebook
2. Kamal Bhattacharya Chief Innovation Officer Safaricom
3. Wambui Kinya CSO Andela
4. Lorreen Ajiambo Njabia Marketing & Communications Manager Taxify
5. Erik Hersman CEO BRCK
6. Elizabeth Rossiello CEO BitPesa
7. Chinasa Udeala Regional Director, Boomplay Music
8. Ben Peterson Senior Partner, AHL Venture Partners
9. Toro Orero Managing Partner Draper Dark Flow
10. Chidi Okpala Chief Digital Officer at Atlas Mara
11. Tracey McNeill CEO babylon Rwanda
12. Obi Ozor Co-Founder & CEO Kobo360
13. Aphrodice Mutangana General Manager KLab
14. Lyndsey Duff Country Manager, what3words
15. Zain Verjee Co-founder & CEO aKoma
16. Joel Macharia CEO Abacus
17. Maggie Mutesi Anchor, Rwanda National Television (RTV).
18. Samuel Gebre Journalist Bloomberg
19. Njoki Gichinga Director of Sales & Partnerships iHub
20. George Ndirangu Presenter CNBC Africa
21. Hannah Clifford Director Nairobi Garage
22. Maurice Otieno General Manager Mettā
23. Alissa Orlando Founder & MD Dynamo Advisors
24. Chidi Afulezi Co-Founder aKoma
25. Rahim Mngwaya Community & Comms Manager Buni
I sincerely hope that this event lives up to the mission of the organizers, which is to drive business and investment within the African tech ecosystem. It would be great if the relevant conversations are sparked and fruitful relationships are established.
It would also be great if Zimbabwe or Zimbabwean companies/startups/individuals take part in it, I mean we are at a very important stage in our Zimbabwean history and this could help in building up the new tech ecosystem we want. If interested, you can either register for a super early bird delegate ticket (on or before November the 30th) or Early Bird ticket (on or before 19 January 2018) or get a full price ticket (on or before 15 February 2018) by visiting the link below: www.africatechsummit.com/kigali / @AfricaTechSMT / email@example.com