We recently wrote about the controversial online school enrolment system that Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Education developed as a way of automating the application process for securing boarding places for Form 1.
The system, which will gather details of applicants and match them to available schools based on three choices, is now live. The Ministry has started sharing details of the system and how to use it.
It can be accessed on www.emap.co.zw
According to information on the use of the system which has been shared today (10 December 2016) parents and guardians who are applying for boarding school places (through the system) should apply over the next 3 days. They will receive feedback via SMS by Monday 12 December 2016.
Those who are applying for day school places must proceed to their local schools on Monday 12 December 2016 to register.
How to apply using the eMAP system
The first stage is creating an account
- Go to the website www.emap.co.zw
- On the home page (the screen that the link takes you to) click on the link close to the bottom of the page that says If you do not have an account please Sign Up Here…
- In the respective fields enter the centre number, candidate number and date of birth using the details written on the pupil’s result slip.
- There is a section that says Please confirm if you have been cleared by your former school. Select Yes on that section.
- Click on the Next button
- On the next form, you will need to fill in the fields for your mobile number, email (it’s listed as an optional field), password of your choice, and confirm password.
- Select the Register option
- Click on the Sign In tab to get back to the page for signing in to your new account via the link provided
The second stage is for applying for a place
- Go to the home page www.emap.co.zw
- In the respective fields Enter Centre number, Candidate number and Password
- Click on the Sign In button
- When you get to the following page choose Apply for Form 1 Place
- Click the Select Province tab and select the province for your first option
- Click on the Select District and pick a district for your option
- On the list of boarding schools in that district that appears you can then choose the school you want
- Click on Apply
- Follow the same steps for province, district and school for the two other schools you want
You can follow up on your applications by clicking on Check Status of Application.
Read More on: Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education
Read More on: Electronic Ministry Application Platform (EMAP) (includes contact numbers)
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen