Last December, we shared Devcentre’s State of Code Jobs document which shared interesting insights on Nigerian software development trends. The startup has now released a 2-part eBook giving tips on Hiring developers.
The document titled 7 Mistakes Managers Make When Hiring Nigerian Developers explores the Nigerian context but I felt most of the information I browsed through is applicable to Zim’s context as well.
The 2 books include the following information;
- The use of Copy & Paste Job Descriptions/ Failure to create an honest Job Advert
- Scheduling in-person interviews as the first next step after applications
- Moving Too Slow
- Having unrealistic expectations
- Interviewing too many candidates
- Lack of a definite onboarding plan
- Discarding candidates for future hire
Each mistake acts as a chapter that describes the mistake itself along with giving advice on how to actually ensure the same mistakes aren’t made after reading the book.
Both books contain a combined total of 25 pages making this a concise read that should take interested parties a day or two to go through but save them the long hours associated with a terrible hire.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen